Care Worker Job Description
Job Purpose: To provide person centred, outcome focussed care and support to the Optimo Care Group service users in line with the Organisation’s policies and procedures.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- To deliver person centred services as directed by the service user and detailed in their Personal Support Plan.
- To support service users to meet their desired outcomes.
- To provide care in a manner that supports the Service User to retain their independence through supporting, assisting and enabling, ensuring dignity and integrity of the Service User is maintained at all times.
- To provide assistance with personal care where required which may involve assistance with:
- Dressing and undressing
- Bathing, showering or washing
- Continence requirements
- Health and Medication requirements
- Manual Handling; Eating
- Respect for Service Users right to choose and refuse assistance.
- The service user’s health and well being is monitored and maintained.
- Assistance is given to maintain and improve mobility through exercise and the use of mobility aids
- Physical comfort is maximised at all times
- Service users are helped to maintain personal hygiene and appearance
- Access to toilet facilities is made available
- Help is given to service users to manage their domestic and personal resources
- Provision of specialised care to clients with specific needs according to your own skills and qualifications
- There is a minimisation of risk to yourself and the Service User during emergency situations
- Accidents or injuries are always reported, whether it be to yourself or the Service User. In accordance with the companies policy and procedure
- To support service users to maintain adequate nutritional status by:
- Preparing well balanced meals of the service users choice
- Presenting food so that it looks appetising
- Providing support with eating and drinking as required
- Ensuring service users are well hydrated and offered plenty of hot and cold drinks
- To ensure the service user’s home is clean, tidy, safe and comfortable by providing support with domestic cleaning tasks as required. Such tasks may include:
- Cleaning of kitchen and bathroom
- Washing and putting away dishes
- Vacuuming and polishing
- Cleaning floors and windows
- Making beds
- To support service users to access the local community encouraging active participation.
- To assist service users with shopping, collecting pensions or benefits, paying bills or other errands.
- To support service users to maintain relationships with family members, friends and their wider social network.
- To promote effective communication and relationships with service users and work colleagues and to be aware of communication differences and adopt an approach that minimises the effect of such differences.
- To maintain records (e.g. care plans) where necessary, ensuring these are wholly accurate, up-to-date and completed in a timely manner.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times, in keeping with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) May 2018 and Optimocare Group Confidentiality Policy.
- To contribute towards the protection of individuals from abuse.
- To attend any meetings in order to contribute to the effectiveness of care delivery.
- To undertake any training required in order to perform the role more effectively, acknowledging any deficits in knowledge or practice, identifying training needs and formulating training plans with the direction of your Line Manager.
- This is not meant to be an exhaustive list, the job holder may be required to undertake such other duties as Management may reasonably require.
• Good numerical skills
|Experience||• Caring experience in a personal/voluntary or professional capacity|
|Other||• Access to a smart mobile to be used for the purposes of Electronic Call Monitoring||• Driver with a full license and use of own car with relevant insurance|