Job Title: Support Worker
Department: Support Services
Reports to: Support Registered Manager
To provide support to Optimo Care’s Service Users in line with the Organisation’s aim to provide a high quality, reliable support service tailored to suit each of our service users individual support plans or PCPs and to promote independence and choice.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- To uphold the Organisation’s vision & values and behaviour framework.
- To promote independence, life skills and informed choices in accordance with the individual care plan and to enhance inclusion in the community.
- Respect for Service Users right to choose and refuse assistance
- Support for the Service User in making informed choices
- The Service Users develop the ability to reach their full potential
- Service Users are supported to maintain personal hygiene and appearance
- Service Users are treated with respect at all times
- A safe environment for chosen activities
- Support is given to Service Users to manage their domestic and personal resources
- Provision of specialised care to clients with specific needs according to your own skills and qualifications
- There is a minimisation of risk to yourself and the Service User during emergency situations
- Accidents or injuries are always reported, whether it be to yourself or the Service User. In accordance with Optimo Care’s policy and procedure
- To promote travel training, money management and independent life skills as required by the care plan.
- To provide personal care where required which may involve assistance with; Continence requirements; Health and Medication requirements; Manual Handling; Eating and preparing meals; Handling personal possessions; finances and documents; entering the home, room, bathroom and toilet; shopping.
- To facilitate ensuring personal care provision is in a safe and appropriate environment, where directed through the care plan.
- To promote effective communication and relationships with Service Users and work colleagues and to be aware of communication differences and adopt an approach that minimises the effect of such differences.
- To manage behaviours adhering to strategies and procedures set out for individuals within legislation
- To maintain records (e.g. care plans) where necessary, ensuring these are wholly accurate, up-to-date and completed in a timely manner.
- To complete SPR Forms for every support session attended and incident forms as and when required.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times, in keeping with the Data Protection Act (DPA) 2018 – ensuring that a Service Users personal details are not disclosed to any unauthorised person and all records are maintained within the DPA 2018 requirements.
- To demonstrate understanding and awareness of Optimo Care’s Equal Opportunities Policy and be able to put this into practice in a working environment.
- To contribute towards the protection of individuals from abuse, adhering to the Protection of Vulnerable Adults legislation
- To attend any meetings in order to contribute to the effectiveness of support delivery.
- To undertake any training required in order to perform the role more effectively, acknowledging any deficits in knowledge or practice, identifying training needs and formulating training plans with the direction of personnel.
This is not meant to be an exhaustive list, the job holder may be required to undertake such other duties as Management may from time to time reasonably require.